Nan's Nappies

Monday, March 22, 2010

Burp Cloths

I began hand painting burp cloths 30 years ago when my son was an infant. Over the years my designs got more detailed. Every time I gave them as gifts they were well received. I have some mothers who have told me that they still have their babies burp cloths from years ago.

Recently, my husband gave me a Bernina Artista 630 and I have discovered the world of Machine Embroidery. (ME) I love it. I love all of the colors of threads and all of the many designs from which to choose. I also love the software that enables me to customize my burp cloths.

The moon and stars burp cloth , above, has some yellow glow-in-the-dark thread. Once the lights go off, it glows!

Below, you can see a sample of other burp cloths I've made. All are embroidered on Gerber pre-fold diapers for excellent absorption.  I also use high quality Isocord thread which will not bleed or fade.  These burp cloths can be tossed into the washing machine without any worries.

Please check these and others out at my new Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/nansnappies










1 comment:

  1. These designs are so beautiful. I'm sure they mean a lot to your children and grandchildren. Do you have any sports embroidery designs? I have been looking for some so I can add some designs to a uniform.

    ReplyDelete