Nan's Nappies

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ribbit!

I was walking through Wal-Mart a couple of months ago when I noticed some fleece jackets on clearance.  They didn't have any design on them.  Logan, my 18 month old grandson, loves to make the "Ribbit" sound of a frog and he has recently learned how to say frog.  It comes out a little more like "fog" but is pretty cute in his little toddler voice. 

I looked at those plain jackets and thought they would be the perfect place to embroider some frogs.  I was going to put them away until next fall but then realized that the kids were growing by leaps and bounds and I needed to get hoppin' !

I used a nice soft flannel that had little green frogs and bees on it.  In retrospect, I may have used a different material . The frog material would be great for a larger area. I still think they turned out cute and the kids LOVED them.


Do you have a child or grandchild who loves frogs? They would be cute on many different things. Pillows, blankets, shirts, bags, etc.  You can add words such as I did or you can add a name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment