Nan's Nappies

Monday, May 20, 2013

Grilled Salmon 1

 We LOVE Grilled Salmon Filets.  When my daughter was in college, she would request them for dinner when she came home.  I used to use Lawry's 30 Minute Mesquite Marinade.  A year or so ago, I couldn't find the Mesquite flavor of Lawry's.  In addition, I discovered that Lawry's contains high fructose corn syrup.  So I started searching my favorite recipe site and found the recipe below.  I like recipes that use ingredients that I keep on hand.  I usually make this up after lunch and let it marinate until dinner but even an hour or so of marinating will be okay.  I don't always fire up the grill.  I usually cook it on my indoor grill which is like a George Foreman grill.  It only takes 5 - 7 minutes to cook it that way.  It is delicious!




Click here to print recipe

Grilled Salmon 1

Allrecipes.  submitted by tina menina

1 1/2 lbs. salmon filets ( 6 filets)
lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil

1. Season filets with lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt.

2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water and oil until sugar is dissolved.  Place fish in resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture and turn to coat.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

3. Preheat grill for medium heat or use indoor grill.

4. Lightly oil grill grate or use Pam on indoor grill.  Place salmon on grill and discard marinade.  Cook for 6-8 minutes per side or until the fish flakes easily.

318 cal per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment