Nan's Nappies

Friday, May 10, 2013

Neglected Blog

 My blog often gets put aside :-(   For almost 25 years I was so faithful with filling a daily journal with the most mundane things.  Doing laundry,  my babies doing cute things, baking, etc.  I wrote in it almost every night before I went to sleep. I  have several volumes of  diaries filled.  It is such a blessing to go back and read those entries that I made almost 33 years ago.  Sometimes I get misty eyed or laugh when I read little stories about my babies.  My daughter just turned 30 and her brother will soon be 33.  I'm so glad I recorded so much of their childhood. 

A few years ago I switched to online blogging. That required me to actually be sitting at a computer.  In some ways it is nicer because I can share my journal and add pictures. I can also access it from many locations, and I don't have to worry about losing it or having it destroyed.  On the downside. there are some things that I don't want to share with the public.  I now have a folder in my documents for those private journal entries.  Actually having to sit at a computer is also a downside since I don't have a laptop or tablet so I can't take that to bed with me and blog right before I go to sleep as I did in the past.  Maybe I should go back to a handwritten one for those private entries so I can write them before I go to sleep at night just as I used to.

And then there's life.  Do I just go about living it, or do I take time to document it?  Ha!  Can anyone identify with that?  Wife, grandmother, mother, daughter,R.N., small business owner, choir member, Sunday School teacher.  Something has to give and it's usually the blog.  I have many things that I want to share with you so I hope to write another post very soon.  One of the things I really want to share is my new granddaughter!  Yay!  I promise to tell you all about her very soon.  As it is, I wrote this on my break and in between seeing students this afternoon!  I'm all about multi-tasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment