Nan's Nappies

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli

Click here to print recipe

Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli

This recipe came out of Cooking for 2 in the Fall 2007 edition.  It was submitted by Marilyn Lustgarten of Wentzville, Missouri.
Andy and I loved it.  It was quick and easy.  Not too high in calories and made the house smell wonderful!
4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
2 Tbs. butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder ( I used the jarred minced garlic and used about a tsp.)
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 lb. bay scallops
2 Tbsp. white wine or chicken broth ( I found it to be a good excuse to open a bottle of wine to drink while cooking)
3 Tbsp. prepared pesto
Cook vermicelli according to package directions and drain.  Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter.  Stir in the garlic, oregano and pepper.  Add scallops and wine or broth; cook an d stir over medium heat for 5-6 min. until scallops are firm and opaque.
Reduce heat to low.  Stir in pesto; heat through.  Toss vermicelli into pan, toss and make sure it is heated through.
A 1 1/4 cup serving equals 536 calories, 24 grams of fat, 76 mg. cholesterol, 481 mg. sodium, 47 carbs, 3 gms. fiber, 31 gm. protein.

Now to get to sewing!  I have two orders to fill today plus a pile of things I need to mend or embroidery to give as gifts.  I also want to make one of the kitchen towels with scripture for myself!  I have loved making those and everyone that has used them has said they love them.  So it's about time I get to use one for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment