Nan's Nappies

Monday, January 25, 2016

Slow Cooker Taco Soup

 

  I saw this soup recipe on a site called Marty's Musings.   

 My husband and I really like it.  My husband doesn't like

  kidney beans so I used Pinto beans instead. 

 It's easy and makes a lot.  I made some homemade biscuits to go with 

it.  We enjoyed it for several nights.  

So much so, that the 2nd time I made it, I doubled the recipe!

 

Slow Cooker Taco Soup

                                                                                                                       Printable Version

Ingredients:
1  can chili beans
1  can kidney beans
1  can black beans
1  8oz. can tomato sauce
1  15 oz. can diced tomatoes and chilies
1  can whole corn
1  can creamed corn
1  pkg. taco seasoning
1  TBS chili powder
1  ground beef or turkey
1  onion, chopped
Instructions:
1. Brown meat and chopped onions.
2. Don't drain any of the canned foods.
3. Add all ingredients to crock pot.
4. Simmer for at least a couple of hours.
5. Serve warm and garnish with optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips.
Note:
Can substitute a can of diced stewed tomatoes and a small can of green chilies for one can of diced tomatoes and chilies.

No comments:

Post a Comment